You know that keeping the office clean is important for both health reasons and your own sanity. But sometimes you just don’t have time to get to it, and taking out the trash is the last thing you want to do after a long, stressful day. Leave it to the professionals and have them come in routinely, rather than worrying if you’ve forgotten to schedule the semi-annual deep carpet clean.
- Hire Local – There are plenty of large cleaning corporations that can offer low costs but keep in mind that you may pay in other ways. Corporate headquarters are often located in a different city or even a different state, making them less accessible and more difficult to communicate with. A local company can get to know you and your company personally and will be right there if a problem ever arises. The local guys also have a lower turnover rate, meaning more consistency for you.
- Ask for References – We know that salespeople can paint a pretty picture. But it’s their job to tell you all the good things. Ask for references and then call them. Be sure to ask the clients how long they’ve used the cleaning service if they’re happy with their work, and how responsive the service is when issues arise.
- Who are the Employees? – Some large companies use sub-contractors instead of their own employees, making communication difficult. The cleaners are often unsupervised and work quickly. Hire a company that also hires their own employees to avoid this.
- Be Wary of Low Bids – It’s wise to do your research on a few companies, but the lowest bid may not always be the way to go. Charging you a lower price means they are also paying their employees less, resulting in low quality work and high turnover. It would be a better use of your money to use a cleaner that pays their employees fairly and can design a package of services specifically for your budget.
- Professionalism – Double check to ensure that the company is insured for liability and worker compensation, does background checks on their employees, and that the services they perform meet your needs. Ask them about their training processes and if they belong to any industry associations. The answers to these questions will indicate their professionalism levels.
Will it take time to do thorough research on cleaning companies? Yes. But will it be worth it? Absolutely. Finding a cleaning service that is reliable, trustworthy, and effective will leave your entire office happier! We’d love the chance to be that service for you. Call 970-223-2222 for a free estimate today!